What we know about protection against PRRSV
Tech. #1 ; Grouping viruses
- PRRS MLV vaccine provides protection against homologous PRRSV.
- The conventional killed vaccine is not demonstrating effectiveness.
- Serum injection has not been always effective for PRRS outbreak.
- Clinical protection against heterologous PRRS virus has not been established.
Tech. #2 ; Vaccine production
- Sort PRRSVs based on immunological properties
- Select right viruses for vaccine
- Time-course study for optimal harvesting time to maximize major envelope proteins contents
- Apply MJPRRS process technology
Blocking Viral Attachment on Host Cells prevents the disease!!!
How can Pig cells prevent virus-attachment?
- Dendogram did not match to observation at the field.
- D-Lab Report says "there were 16% difference between two isolates, but there was no clinical sign much"
- D-Lab Report says "there were less than 1% difference between two isolates, but it caused huge clinical sign, a lot of abortion"
- RFLP of PRRSVs did not explain why outbreak occurred back to back in short time period.
→Need Abs against viral surface proteins, especially ORF-5 Protein.
2. Location of Amino acid Change
MJPRRS Vaccine works because
- 1. Concentrated viral component antigen effect
- 2. Full Monty Effect
- 3. It may trigger diffrent immune response.
Better Control and Management
- Autogenous killed vaccine. (No Risk)
- Five virus strains in each vaccine. (Broader Protection)
- Proprietary technology to identify specific virus strains to your farm. (Specific Protection)
- Proprietary manufacturing technology producing more diverse antigens. (More Complete Antibody Repsonse)
MJPRRS Vaccine Usage
This is an autogenous killed PRRS Vaccine.
- Regulated by the USDA.
- This is used only thru licensed veterinarians.
- Each farms is unique in health status, management practices,
and production facilities consult with your veterinarian for use in
the sow herd and grow-finish production.
- Recommended to be used on positive or primed pigs.
- Priming can be completed via;
- Natural Exposure